Undertaking a work placement during your studies is a fantastic way to make contacts in industry and is a great addition to your CV, giving you vital ‘hands-on’ experience in the workplace.
We have strong links with many leading companies and organisations across the creative industries, so we can help you to find a suitable placement from our long list of industry connections.
There are so many benefits to doing a work experience placement during your degree. A placement can:
- Give you the chance to explore career options
- Look good on your CV and give you the edge over other applicants
- Help you to experiment, learn and make mistakes
- Enhance your time management and organisational skills
- Build up your network of contacts
- Give you an insight into the industry and develop your commercial awareness
- Lead to a permanent job – around one in five students secures a job at the end of their placement
- Help you to develop the skills employers really value.
Placements, internships, work shadowing – what’s the difference? Before you throw yourself in at the deep end, think about the various options that come under the ‘work placement’ umbrella: